Become a Better Writer Instantly
When you drive your car, there are laws you must follow. Well, there are also “laws” or criteria for writing effectively. Enhance your credibility and professional image instantly by paying attention to these criteria:
- State the main point clearly, right at the beginning
- Organize information logically
- Leave out unnecessary information
- Use short sentences and paragraphs
- Eliminate unnecessary words
- Include all necessary information
- Use active, precise language and plain English
- Use correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling
Data shows that people won’t read your document if it’s not presented clearly and that you have only about fifteen seconds to get someone’s attention.
This tip was contributed by WriteItWell.com, your editing partner.
Posted on Tuesday, July 13th, 2010, at 12:03 pm